Ok normally I wouldn't write about this but I'm still recovering from it and need to vent. Yesterday a group of coworkers and I went to lunch at Taylor's Refresher at the Ferry Building in San Francisco. I've eaten there dozens of times, and recently had fallen in love with their seared rare ahi burger. It's topped with a wasabi style dressing and combined with a black & white shake and sweet potato fries makes for an outstanding lunch. Yesterday I ordered precisely that and paid the price. By 5 PM I had a severe upset stomach, and by 7 I was bedridden in agony much of the day. While I normally wouldn't complain or place blame, I know Taylor's did something wrong b/c two of my colleagues experienced the same after eating Ahi Burgers.
What's worse is I think I know why, all of us received luke warm (or actually room temperature) Ahi Burgers as the place was packed. What I suspect is the Ahi sat out while the rest of the large order was put together, allowing the tuna to being exposed to room bacteria that ended up resulting in each of us experiencing mild food poisoning. Well I should say mild b/c I didn't get violently sick though at least one of my colleagues did.